In the course of doing business with House Counsel, you provide non-public personal information to House Counsel. This Privacy Statement provides information about the types of information collected and House Counsel’s policy with respect to the use of that information.This statement is being provided in compliance with the Gramm-Leach-Biley Act (Pub. Law 106-102).
We collect only the information necessary to consistently deliver responsive products and services to you. This service may include advising you of other products and services that House Counsel offers. The information collected may include:
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms:
- Information about your transactions with us;
- Information about your transactions with non-affiliated third parties; and
- Information from a consumer reporting agency.
Use of Information Collected
House Counsel does not sell information about current or former customers to third parties. We also do not share such information, except when it is required to complete transactions at your request, or to provide you with information that may be relevant to your insurance needs. We may contract with non-affiliated third parties to perform services for House Counsel. When necessary, we will only disclose the information necessary for the third party to carry out its agreed responsibilities. We require these non-affiliated third parties to treat your personal information as confidential. We do not disclose any nonpublic personal information about our clients or former clients to anyone, except as stated above or as otherwise permitted by law.
Protection of Information Collected
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.
TSYS / Cayan LLC Payment Gateway manages the complex routing of sensitive customer information through the electronic check and credit card processing networks.
House Counsel adheres to strict industry standards for payment processing, including:
- 128-bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology for secure Internet Protocol (IP) transactions.
- Industry leading encryption hardware and software methods and security protocols to protect customer information.
- Compliance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS).